Skip to main content

Featured

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Hey guys! How are you? I have started a YouTube channel so please subscribe to my Channel! Just type in Tega Baah in your search engine and hit the subscribe and bell button! Thank you! 

TEN TIPS TO HELP YOU MANAGE SHRINKAGE

 



Hey kinks 
How are you doing? hope everyone is doing exceptionally well? so today I am going to be sharing with  you ten healthy ways you can manage shrinkage.

Before I start let me just mention it here that  as a 4type hair natural, your hair is going to shrink no matter what you do and it is actually a sign of healthy hair living. So let's get straight into them.
  1. STYLES: Some particular hair styles can actually help your shrinking hair life, the best way I like to stretch out my hair is to put it in Bantu knots, it not only stretches it out but it is also stylish. I do not like applying heat to my hair at all, I try my possible best to stay away from heat application so this is a very efficient way of stretching out my hair.

  2. AFRICAN THREADING TECHNIQUE: This is basically how our mothers wore their hair in the good ole days and it stretches out your hair perfectly..


  3. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR HAIR IS NOT LEFT OUT FOR TOO LONG: Now I am here for the cute twist out and all and other beautiful hair styles,  but make sure that immediately you get back home you put that baby up in a twist or  braid it... something to protect air from entering into it and making it harder and shorter. This can cause not only shrinkage but hair damage and breakage. 


  4. NEVER WASH AND GO WITHOUT A GEL TO HOLD IT IN: I AM NOT THE BIGGEST FAN OF 4TYPE HAIR WASH AND GOS.. But if  you must wash and go please use a gel to protect your hair after moisturising, again to avoid hair from drying up all the moisture and making it frizzy hence shrinkage. 

  5. ALWAYS TWIST HAIR WHEN WET: This is very simple and basic and straight to the point, so when your hair is wet make sure to do any kind of twist or braids. 
  6. PRODUCT BUILD UP: When there is too much product in your hair that has accumulated over time,  it can cause shrinkage. So make sure to always be consistent  your wash day routines to clean your scalp from too much products. 
  7. SLEEPING IN A SATIN SCARF OR BONNET: I carried out an experiment of not sleeping in either and trust me, you do not want to see the results..  So make sure you always sleep with a satin scarf or bonnet.

  8. LOC/ LCO METHODS: Practicing either of this technique will always make sure that your hair is moisturised so it will be able withstand our humid weather. 
  9. HYDRATE: Most people don't really focus on what goes inside their body when it comes to hair growth, but being hydrated will help enhance good hair growth and length retention and reduce shrinkage. 
  10. ADD MORE VITAMINS TO YOUR DIET: When I started my hair journey I was also on a weight loss journey and I noticed my hair grew better and shrunk less, now am back on the journey and I am getting the same results... Which goes to show that your diet is important for your hair journey. 

I hope you found these ten tips helpful,  like I said before your hair will always shrink so enjoy it and go with the flow.  

If you have any more tips please share in the comment section below.. 

Follow me on instagram @tegaisnatural 

Talk soon Xoxo Tega Baah 

Comments

Popular Posts