Skip to main content

Featured

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Hey guys! How are you? I have started a YouTube channel so please subscribe to my Channel! Just type in Tega Baah in your search engine and hit the subscribe and bell button! Thank you! 

THROWBACK THURSDAY STORY TIME

 




Hey kinks... So let me tell you a quick long story about my hair in general but mainly my dyed hair..  I might divert from the topic but oh well...

So when I first cut my hair; like all of it,  the plan wasn't even to go natural. As it grew in its natural state (the plan was to relax it after it got longer) but yeah as it grew in it's natural state people started complimenting me on how thick it looked (my relaxed hair was thick and long so imagine what it looks like without perm in it)...  So as went on I was like yeah...  I am feeling this!  Plus my friend was starting a natural skin and hair line and my hair was available as a guinea pig so I went on with it... 

In the beginning I felt so bored with the hair because it was in a TWA phase and I had a bright idea, I was like 'I am  going to dye my hair yaay me' Now this is somebody with the least knowledge on what to do with my hair so I went to the market, bought an expensive dye and went home by myself and dyed it.. It didn't work (my hair was too African for it lol) so that same day I threw on a shower cap,  went back and bought cheap dyes and came home and damaged my hair with my hands lol... 

   
But thank God for Jesus for some reason I have really Co operative hair that eventually just became normal... Mind you at this point I still had plans of relaxing it...

But as time went by I started researching and reading a lot about natural hair and I found out that there was a whole community for the movement I was like 'cammmann it's not that serious it's just relaxer' 

    
But I heard a song by India Arie about her hair and I was like wow... 

So one day I thought about it long and deep about why I cut my hair. Let me just list three

 
  • If you know me you know I love hair and I DIDN'T go to any school to teach me how to make hair I learnt it on my own... So basically I was obsessed with my hair and it became like a mini god to me because anything you worship act as a god in your life 


  • They say a woman that cuts her hair is about to change her life and I reaaaaallly needed a change.


  •  I was tired of people defining me, I was tired of low key conforming to the world.. So I was ready to change my life. 


  • I was mainly physically referred to as 'Tega with the long hair' so I wanted to show people that I am more than ‘Tega with the long hair'


    Back to the dye story, so after I decided to be natural I rocked my dyed hair for exactly 1 1/2 years and I was over it,  because my hair was dry all the time and it broke like no man's business so I cut off all the dyed ends and basically started to regrow my hair.

    Another point I am trying to make with this story is sometimes when you don't like where you are you have to make some physical changes to get to where you want to be or at least be on the road there.

    Share you hair journey story with me, comment. Leave a comment in the comment section down below.

    Also follow me @tegaisnatural on instagram.



    Comments

    Popular Posts